Using the Aeotec Wallmote with SmartThings
This article applies to the Aeotec Wallmote (2 button and 4 button) and the SmartThings hub. See the video on this page for a demo of the process.
- Add the Wallmote to the SmartThings Z-Wave network (go to "Add a Thing" then press the include button on the back of the Wallmote)
- In a browser, go to https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ and log in with the same credentials you use for the app
- Click the "My Locations" link on the top and click on your location (you may be prompted to log in again)
- Click "My Device Handlers" at the top, then click "Create New Device Handler"
- Select "From Code"
- Copy all the text from the attached text file and paste it back in the device handler screen
- Click "Create", then "Save" on the next screen
- Click the "My Devices" link at the top and click on your Wallmote in the list
- Click "Edit" at the bottom
- Open the Type dropdown box and select "Aeon Wallmote" from the list (it should be all the way at the bottom)
- Go back to the app and go into your Wallmote in the list of things
- Tap the settings gear icon at the top right and select the 4-button option (you can adjust other preferences here too)
- Tap "Done"
- Go to "Automation" at the bottom of the app and add a new routine
- Create a new rule, but in the "Additonal Settings" section you can select your Wallmote and which button on it to execute the routine
Article ID: 37
Created On: Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 6:39 PM
Last Updated On: Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 12:48 PM
Authored by: Worthington Technical [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Online URL: http://worthingtondistribution.com/kb/article.php?id=37