Troubleshooting OmniStat2 Communication Issues
Article ID: 29 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 10:21 AM
A few quick steps to locate cause of issues with RC1000WH and RC2000WH
- Are all stats operating incorrectly or just some?
- If some, try switching a good and bad unit and see if the problem moves with the stat or stays in the location
- If the problem moves with the stat, the issue is in the stat itself ( skip down to stat troubleshooting)
- If the problem stays with the original location, it is likely with the panel or wiring
- If all stats have an issue or the problem does not move when you switch stats.
- See if you can send a change to the stat from the panel (fan on, change temp, etc.)
- If it changes, the green wire(output 8) is fine. If not, check the green wire connections at all devices.
- See if you make a change on the stat if the Omni sees the change (fan on, change temp, etc.)
- If it changes, the yellow wire(zone 16+) is fine. If not, check the yellow wire connections at all devices.
- If neither send or receive work, check the black wire (Ground)
- If you still have issues, and if there are more than one wire run for stat communication, remove them individually and check for communication.
- Stat troubleshooting: Ensure that the thermostat has these settings
- A unique address for each stat
- Program mode is set to "none"