Resetting a Somfy 24VDC RTS Motor and Setting Limits in Program Mode
There are times when you will need to restore a 24VDC RTS motor to its factory defaults, such as when the motor’s remote control has been lost and needs to be replaced. This article will walk you through resetting the motor to a factory default and, once defaulted, setting the upper and lower limits. To adjust the limits on a motor operating in User mode, see our article “Adjusting Limits on a Somfy RTS Motor.”
- Installed Somfy 24VDC RTS Motor
- Paper clip
- Somfy Handheld Remote Control (i.e. Telis 1 or Telis 4)
*** IMPORTANT ***
Since Somfy RTS motors use the same procedure to learn and forget a transmitter you MUST power only one motor at a time when configuring Somfy channels.
To reset the motor and pair it with your remote control:
1. Remove power from all RTS motors except for the one you need to reset.
2. Take the paper clip and get to where you can access the head of the motor.
3. Locate the recessed “Program” button next to the power input (see diagram below).
4. Using the paper clip, press and hold the “Program” button until the motor jogs three times. This will take approximately 15 seconds.
5. If using a multi-channel remote, make sure that the remote is on the desired channel.
6. Press and hold the recessed Programming button on the back of the remote control until the motor jogs twice. Make sure to hold the button until after the second jog or you will have to start over from step 4.
The motor is now reset, in programming mode, and paired with your remote control.
To set the limits of the motor and put it into User mode:
- Check that the motor direction is correct (UP moves the treatment up, and DOWN moves it down). If incorrect, reverse the motor direction by pressing and holding MY/STOP until the motor jogs.
- Move the treatment to the desired upper limit. Press and hold MY/STOP and DOWN until the treatment starts to move. If it stops on button release, you'll have to redo this step.
- Once the treatment starts to travel down by itself, press the MY/STOP button when it gets close to the desired lower limit.
- Move the treatment to the desired lower limit and then press MY/STOP and UP until the treatment begins to move. If it stops on button release, you'll have to redo this step.
- Press and hold the MY/STOP button until the treatment jogs to commit the limits to memory.
- Press and hold the Programming button on the back of the remote until the treatment jogs to put the shade into User mode.
The motor is now paired with your remote control and operating normally. Press up and down to confirm that the treatment moves to the upper and lower limits.